[TR] TR3A heater question

Steve Ball banjonut at verizon.net
Sat Sep 15 22:12:54 MDT 2007

OK folks...I'm back with yet another question.  I reassembled the heater in my
TR3A and now I'm trying to install it.  The car was in pieces when I got it,
so I don't know how the heater is supposed to be oriented in the car.  It's
confusing since you can rotate the bottom plate (with the doors) with respect
to top plate and bracket, and clamp it together almost anywhere you want.
Maybe somebody can look at theirs and help me answer these questions:

1.  Am I correct that I orient the bottom plate so that the trap door hinges
aim roughly toward the front and the rear of the car, and the trap doors open
to give heat to the driver or the passenger?  This seems likely.

2.  If #1 is true, there are two ways to install the bottom plate to make the
trap door hinges run fore and aft.....which way is correct?  Is the connection
for the defroster hoses supposed to be near the glove box, or the
speedometer?

Please cc my home email since I get the digest:  banjonut at verizon.net

Thanks in advance,

Steve Ball