[TR] TR6: Pertronix ignition, worth switching to?

Chip19474 at aol.com Chip19474 at aol.com
Sat Sep 15 09:50:30 MDT 2007

In a message dated 9/14/2007 11:37:39 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
one_second_zero at yahoo.com writes:

are you  happy with the results and the quality?

Greg,

I installed the Pertronix ignition as part of my '76 TR6 restoration
(finished in 2003) and have been very happy with the results.  I'm using a  Lucas
Sport Coil.  You mentioned an erratic idle.  One of the benefits  of Pertronix is
that it compensates for a slightly worn (wobbly) distributor  shaft.  With
points, wobbly shafts can cause the dwell angle to change  which can slightly
change the timing which can lead to erratic  performance....not an issue which
Pertronix.

Chip Krout
Delaware Valley Triumphs, Ltd.
Skippack, PA