[TR] TR6: Pertronix ignition, worth switching to?

Aldwyn aldwyn at sylvancircle.org
Fri Sep 14 12:43:24 MDT 2007

Greg,

I used to have to adjust my points frequently in my '76 TR6.  Even after
changing everything out but the dist itself.

In December of last year, I installed a Pertronix, and never looked
back.  Set and forget.  :) Great system if you ask me, and you cant beat
the convenience for the price.

I installed mine with one of the Pertronix coils, thinking I HAD to.  But
there was a discussion recently... on either the British Car Forum, or
6-Pack's web site... which mentioned that you didnt have to do that, and a
standard Lucus coil worked fine.  I have yet to try that though, since this
coil I have is working fine and dandy!

- Aldwyn