[TR] Noisy Engine

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri Sep 14 00:33:03 MDT 2007

> I would not redrill the hole in the cam bearing with an
> assembled  engine.
> You are creating metal filings over which you have no
> control.

True, but they aren't hard metal.  And coating the flutes of the drill with
grease (plus frequent cleaning) will trap most of them.  The rest should
wind up in the oil filter.

At any rate, I did it (without even moving the camshaft) and it worked for
me.  Given a choice of tearing the engine down now, and tearing it down 10
years from now, I'll usually choose the latter.

But that's just me.
Randall