[TR] racing a tr4

Glenn A. Merrell StagByTriumph at tscusa.org
Thu Sep 13 19:49:47 MDT 2007

Mark Vaden wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I am starting to prepare my tr4 for vintage racing with VARA in
> southern california. It is a 62 TR4. I am at the very beginning
> stages. I have pulled a spare engine from the parts car and I have
> dropped it off at my mechanic. What I would like to know, is what
> things do other people who race view as really important. I cannot
> make everything perfect, and since I am a beginner I am more concerned
> with safety than having the fastest TR4 out there. What are the most
> important modifications for safety? And after that what are the must
> do modifications for performance?
>
> Thanks,
> Mark

Ohhh Mark, I envy you ...
First, you need the SCCA checklist.  Without these requirements on your
car, you will not be able to race.
http://www.sccabb.com/
 Are you a member of the Friends Of Triumph Website?  If not, sign up now.
http://www.fot-racing.com/

Read all the associations Rule Books"
http://www.vararacing.com/RulebookNew.html

--
Glenn A. Merrell
Chairman, Triumph Stag Club USA (2007-2009)