[TR] Brake Line fittings

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Thu Sep 13 16:23:52 MDT 2007

> Does  anyone know of a website that could help me identify brake line
> threaded  fittings? Double flare and inverted flares
> included, inch sizes and  metric.
>

> Greetings..  Try _www.fedhillusa.com_
> (http://www.fedhillusa.com)

Note however, that they don't mention an important distinction between old
British fittings and American fittings.  Many old British fittings require a
blank "lead" at the end of the nut, where there are no threads; similar to
the A15-3 and A16-3 nuts shown in Fedhill's catalog.  However, I don't see
any 3/8-24 nuts in their catalog with that lead; and I know from experience
that using nuts without the lead on the rear brake cylinders on a TR3A will
first leak, then break the cylinders when you try to tighten them until they
don't leak.

BTW, while later Triumphs did use the 45-degree "bubble" flare in some
places as mentioned, the TR3A was all double flare.

Randall