[TR] Noisy Engine

Jack W. Drews vinttr4 at geneseo.net
Thu Sep 13 06:27:01 MDT 2007

Someone else suggested no oil to the top end. That's a good
suggestion. If you installed new cam bearings, and had a local shop
do it who is not familiar with TR's, they may have misaligned the
rear camshaft bearing. That bearing has three holes in it and normal
engines have two. The third hole is for feed to the rockers -- guess
how I know.

At 06:48 AM 9/13/2007, Nolan wrote:
>I hear what sounds like valve train noise from excessive valve clearance, as
>well an exhaust leak.  Standing out from that general noise are two distinct
>ticks, which could be an exhaust leak at the manifold/head joint, or a very
>loose individual valve clearance.
>
>Were it my engine, I'd re-check the valve clearance, and re-examine the
>manifold mounting.

uncle jack