[TR] [6pack] TR6 Transmission - no time for EBAY

Robert Lang lang at isis.mit.edu
Wed Sep 12 09:11:01 MDT 2007

On Wed, 12 Sep 2007, Joe Merone wrote:

> Hey guys - I asked anyone interested to contact me
> directly as I was a little uneasy about hawking a part
> here on the list.  I just wanted to post it once and
> be done with it.
>
> BUT if you want to help me out here - fine.  And if it
> doesn't sell it's off to the bottom of the lake as a
> boat mooring.

Boat mooring? What are you mooring, a radio controlled mono-hull?

Everyone knows the best moorings are Austin-Healey 3000 engine blocks.

:-)

Seriously, despite the thought that everyone os converting to alternate
transmissions, there is some value to whatever you have. If you can't sell
it, bring it to Stowe and give it to someone like Mike Buonanducci who
will sell it (eventually) or John Esposito who will rebuild it or use the
parts as cores.

There's no reason to junk parts that still have service left in them.
Please keep in mind that nobody makes the cases and the gears for our
trannies anymore...

> Joe Merone
> CF18928

regards,