[TR] My worst car ever

Dean.Mericas at CH2M.com Dean.Mericas at CH2M.com
Tue Sep 11 20:34:27 MDT 2007

Just to throw my $0.02 into this discussion, my worst car was a 1970
Rover 3500S.  Aluminum V8, bolt-on body panels (you could, in theory
change the color of the car with a wrench), 4-wheel disc brakes (inboard
in the rear), very comfy interior, and all sorts of electrical bells and
whistles. It suffered an unending string of quality problems, from a
pinion bolt in the diff that came loose at speed because the doofus at
the factory didn't bother to bend over the retaining clip, to an
assortment of Lucas and Smith gizmos that simply crumbled to bits.

But when it was running, it was a real treat.

Dean Mericas
1965 TR4
1974 2000 GTV