[TR] Removing PCV system from TR4A

Darrell Walker darrellw at ipns.com
Tue Sep 11 10:49:57 MDT 2007

Thanks, Randall.  Some follow-up questions:

On Sep 10, 2007, at 8:47 PM, Randall wrote:

>> First, I assume that I can't just remove the valve, and run
>> some kind of hose/catch tank from the valve cover, or can I?
>
> Sure, that will work as well as the original system did.

OK.  I was worried about pressure building up in the crankcase.  Is
just venting the top sufficient?  It leaks enough oil without giving
it any "help" :-).

>> Installing the draft tube really isn't an option, unless
>> someone has a trick to remove the plug with the engine still
>> installed.
>
> Haven't tried it myself, but it shouldn't be too hard.  Drive a
> screwdriver
> through it and pry it out.

Hmm, I'll look again, but I don't believe there is enough clearance
with the engine installed.

-Darrell

--
Darrell Walker