[TR] List Badges Precaution (VERY IMPORTANT)

Joe Curry spitlist at cox.net
Mon Sep 10 18:37:09 MDT 2007

Folks,

  I have had reports of 3 badges that have come detached from the attaching
screws.  This equates to about 2 percent of those that I have produced.  It
might be an acceptable failure rate but it bears mentioning so that anyone
who has one should check their installation and take proper safeguards so
that you will not risk losing or damaging the badge.

Here is what I recommend.

1.	For those who have the badge mounted directly to the grill, remove
it and get some 3M double stick auto trim tape.  After thoroughly cleaning
the back of the badge, apply the tape in several strips to the  areas where
the badges touches the grill.  This will also provide a buffer between the
badge and the grill to prevent any abrasion caused by contact of the badge
to the grill.
2.	For those who are using the badge bar adapters, I recommend using
the 3M tape to attach the badge to the adapter.  Using the posts as well
will provide a double assurance that the things will stay attached.

So far the three failures have not caused me any duress because 2 of the
three I have replaced from my own stock and used the broken ones on my own
two Spits with excellent results.  The third I am waiting on the owner to
let me know what his results are using the 3M tape.

If anyone else has had a similar problem I would like to know so I can see
what the manufacturer might do about it.

Regards,

Joe

P.S. I still have a few of the badges available for immediate sale if anyone
who missed out earlier wants one.