[TR] [6pack] OD Conversion Notes Part 2

Robert Lang lang at isis.mit.edu
Mon Sep 10 12:39:57 MDT 2007

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007, Foster, Stan wrote:

> I don't know that it is crucial to seal the strip to the floor/cover since the
> rubber is supposed to act as the seal and it just needs to be held in place so
> perhaps a film of the 3M super weather strip would do the trick to fix it to
> the floor pan such that it doesn't move while the tunnel is being installed.
>
> I ended up resorting to a scissor jack against the inner sill and a short
> piece of 2x4 to push the tunnel into position for the next bolt. I really
> don't understand why this is not a drop in part, are all our floors and
> bulkheads that different ?

Wot, guv'ner? You mean the TR "flexible flyer"?

;-)

I have jacked my cars up on different spots on the frame to get panels to
"line up" in the past. TR6's are pretty flimsey.

Interesting side bar - I have a full cage in the race car now. I
absolutely dreaded trying to install the tranny tunnel owing to how tough
it was to install the tranny last year, but that was a tough job mostly
because the cage tubes pretty much fill the interior... at any rate, the
frame is so stiff now that the tranny cover literally lined up perfectly!
I was shocked, shocked, I tell you!

> Stan

regards,
rml