[TR] Bear with me

tom white tswhitez123 at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 10 09:14:16 MDT 2007

The down and dirty fix is to glue the
>lamp together, but this will eliminate the ability to ever change the bulb
>again in the future.
>
>Can anyone suggest a glue that will hold, yet remain soft enough to come
>apart in 5 or 10 years?  Both sides are that hard plastic like used on
>modern cars body panels.

I would not use glue for the reason mentioned.   Instead I would try to
"cage" the two halves together with safety wire.  Start be making a grid of
four wires secured together by twists at their meeting points.  Then place
the grid over the lens, wrap the wires around the back of the lights and
twist the ends together tight enough to hold things in place.  Do not twist
the ends to tight for fear of breaking the lens.

Best regards,
Tom