[TR] TR4A missing. The saga continues....

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Sat Sep 8 20:55:52 MDT 2007

In a message dated 9/8/2007 5:04:15 PM Central Daylight Time,
ZoboHerald at aol.com writes:
> I may have missed something (possibly "the joke"?), but my limited
> mathematics skills make those two numbers to be pretty much the same. ;)

That reminds me of the joke about a physicist, a mathematician and an
engineer were each give the same task: Find the volume of a spherical object.
The
physicist submerged the object in water and measured the amount of water
displaced.  The mathematician measured the diameter and calculated the volume
using
the 4/3(pi)R2.

The engineer looked it up in the data sheet.

A mathematician would say that they are equivilent but an engineer would say
that .010 implies a higher level of precision than .01.

Dave