[TR] TR4A missing. The saga continues....

Chris Buckley chris.buckley51 at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Sep 8 09:50:45 MDT 2007

Just checked valve clearances and all were about 1/2 screw turn too tight so re-adjusted to .01 inch. Could this have caused some unseen damage? Problem persists.
  TIA
  Chris

terryrs at comcast.net wrote:
  > It still appears to be missing on No 3 as plug is sooty (powdery rather than
> oily) while others are burning clean. I have;
> Changed the condenser
> cleaned and reset the points and timing
> checked all HT leads for continuity
> changed the spark plug
> tried another coil
> dismantled cleaned and reassembled carbs
> replaced the earth wire between distributor and engine block
> checked LT wires to coil for continuity while jiggling them around
> checked fuel squirting out of pipe before carbs while turning engine over and
> getting strong squirts
> cheched compression which is the same on all cylinders
> connected the No 3 plug lead to a plug resting on the rocker cover and it is
> sparking

Chris, don't see here that you have double checked your valve clearances? Dunno if it's a possible culprit for your symptoms, but it is cylinder specific.

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A
New Hampshire
chris.buckley51 at yahoo.co.uk

http://www.vtr.org