[TR] (no subject)

Jim Muller jimmuller at rcn.com
Sat Sep 8 07:01:03 MDT 2007

I have no business writing about a TR3 but what the heck, that never
stopped me before.

On 8 Sep 2007 at 7:31, Bob Streepy wrote:
> The fuel pump had been rebuilt and worked fine on
> the bench, but for whatever reason, it would not mate
> properly to the face of the block.

I know it isn't pertinent, but.  At least once in the life of the
Spitfire 1500 they changed either the fule pump mount or the length
of the arm or both.  The result was that early and late fule pumps
were not interchangeable.  Are you sure somehow yours didn't have
some critical feature changed during the rebuild?  Maybe your engine
isn't the year you think it is?

> It pumped fine on the bench, but would not pump fuel to the carbs.

That sounds like a clogged fule line.
--
Jim Muller
jimmuller at rcn.com