[TR] TR4A missing. The saga continues....

Chris Buckley chris.buckley51 at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Sep 8 05:41:09 MDT 2007

Listerati,
  I am now almost at my wits end and considering TR arson or other forms of destruction.
  It still appears to be missing on No 3 as plug is sooty (powdery rather than oily) while others are burning clean. I have;
  Changed the condenser
  cleaned and reset the points and timing
  checked all HT leads for continuity
  changed the spark plug
  tried another coil
  dismantled cleaned and reassembled carbs
  replaced the earth wire between distributor and engine block
  checked LT wires to coil for continuity while jiggling them around
  checked fuel squirting out of pipe before carbs while turning engine over and getting strong squirts
  cheched compression which is the same on all cylinders
  connected the No 3 plug lead to a plug resting on the rocker cover and it is sparking
  The only thing that I can now think of is there maybe an invisible crack in the distributor cap. Is there a way of checking this of do you need to buy a new one to see if that works?
  Any other ideas?
  TIA
  Chris Buckley