[TR] TR8 Provenance

Glenn A. Merrell StagByTriumph at tscusa.org
Fri Sep 7 19:51:16 MDT 2007

Kinderlehrer wrote:
> Can anyone provide any info for Eric? I am not familiar with California
> specific engine numbering.
>
> Thanks,
> Bob

Hello Eric,
You should start with a British Motor Industry Heritage Trust
certificate.  You can order it online at
http://www.heritage-motor-centre.co.uk/.  Simply fill out the form and
supply your charge information and you will have a certificate with
original configuration and delivery point.

 From there, you should contact the Vintage Triumph Register
http://www.vtr.org ans ask the membership secretary, Bill Lynn to look
up the Commission number to see if the previous owner was ever a member.

That is about as far as you can go other than hoping someone on the
Triumph list is still around that recognizes the numbers or knows  why
it was shipped to South Africa.

Now if you can get me a control system engineer job in that part of the
world for 6 months, I could deliver a Stag to Tom Gowans in Angola.

--
Glenn A. Merrell
Chairman, Triumph Stag Club USA (2007-2009)