[TR] TR3A Distributor

terryrs at comcast.net terryrs at comcast.net
Thu Sep 6 17:44:26 MDT 2007

My '59 TR3A has a DM-2 dizzy.  Uncle Dave at TRF gave me the bad news that no Petronix models are made to fit it.  Unfortunately, neither do any of the readily available points sets, probably because the previous owner swapped out the original plate with something else.  I can squirrel points to fit, but am sick of the aggravation.
...So, to replace the dizzy, is there a more common variety that takes points and Petronix and is easily available?  I'd rather not spend $500 for a high end Mallory.
As ever, am kneeling obsequiously begging for advice....  :o)
Terry Smith
New Hampshire