[TR] TR6 Problem, TR4

TR250Driver at aol.com TR250Driver at aol.com
Tue Sep 4 20:28:48 MDT 2007

In a message dated 9/4/2007 7:56:44 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
tr3driver at ca.rr.com writes:

IMO the  popularity of Lucas Sports coils and other ignition "upgrades"  just
aggravates the problem

Randall,
Hummmm, I have a Lucas red top Sports Coil on the Six.  It was present  when
I purchased the car and I have continued to run that type although I have
replaced it with one that has a cool original decal.  For years I ran the  Six
with an original Lucas rotor with no problems.  At VTR in Richmond the  original
went South due to a broken locating pin.  Really made the Six run  crappy so
I had to put a replacement type in. That one blew up on the Fun Rallye  at
Richmond as I pulled into the Parking Deck.   Remember that  Dave?  Now I have
another blown rotor, replacement type after a few  thousand miles????
Darrell