[TR] Winter Storage

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Mon Sep 3 15:08:30 MDT 2007

In a message dated 9/3/2007 10:01:55 AM Central Daylight Time,
ebartle at hbci.com writes:
> I am already thinking of winter here in Minnesota.  This will be the
> first winter that my TR3A will be in restored condition and I have
> been cautioned about storing it in a garage that is not heated. It has
> something to do with moisture condensing on the concrete and creating
> a rust situation for the car.  I would appreciate any comments and
> suggestions related to storing a classic in the northern climes during
> winter.  Hope everyone is enjoying a fantastic Labor Day weekend.

One trick is to find some cast off carpet.  The carpet will insulate the
concrete so that there will be less condensation.  Refrigerator boxes work, too.

If you have an open attic in your garage you could mount a ceiling fan on a
timer that will pull down the accumulating heat from the roof down onto the
concrete which will warm up the concrete and reduce condensation.  This works
well for me in my detached garage.  But I use a cast off furnace blower.  On a
timer.  It runs from noon to 5:00 or thereabouts.

Dave