[TR] Winter Storage

Greg Gelhar ggelhar at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 3 14:53:51 MDT 2007

Eric,

Here is what I have been doing for the last fifteen years with great
success. My cars are stored in my unheated garage but I make sure to put
one of those cheap blue tarps under each car in addition the cars are
setting on sets of those car skates that make moving them around easier.
The tarps become a moisture barrier between the car and concrete. The
skates elevate the cars up off the cold  floor.  The cars are clean and
freshly waxed, the tops erected, fuel tanks full, and given a fresh oil
change, and the batteries moved to the basement workshop. Indoor car covers
are put in place until Spring comes. I don't do anything else as I consider
this as long term parking versus long term storage.

Greg Gelhar
1973 TR6
1980 TR8
Osseo, MN    ..