[TR] TR6 Problems

TR250Driver at aol.com TR250Driver at aol.com
Mon Sep 3 08:15:29 MDT 2007

In a message dated 9/2/2007 11:52:34 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
tr3driver at ca.rr.com writes:

Ok, that  sounds more like a stuck float valve on the front  carb.

Can a float valve stick closed?  Usually I have them stick open and  flood
the Carb.  At first I thought the Six was not getting fuel since the  throats of
the carbs were dry, neither were flooding.  Gas is present  from the pump at
the carbs. Ran a little better with the choke out.  I  did a compression test:
 1--170  2--160  3--155   4--155  5--165  6--175
Seems a little high and all over the place but at least they are not  low.  I
parked the 250 after VTR because I was getting 120's across  the board. The
fleet of healthy TR's is getting thinned out here. Yikes!
Thanks,
Darrell