[TR] TR6 Problems

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Sep 2 21:52:43 MDT 2007

Darrell wrote :
>	Took the plugs out and 1 thru 3 are all fouled with gas and
carbon/oil.
> But 4 thru 6 look OK?
> The Six reminds me of a Motorcycle running on fouled plugs.
> New looking green wires on the Six. Both Carb pistons are functioning
normally.

Ok, that sounds more like a stuck float valve on the front carb.

I'm becoming more and more convinced that the stuff they sell for gasoline
in the US has gotten a lot worse in that regard than it used to be.  I've
had more stuck float valves in the last 3 or 4 years than in the 20 years
before that.  And when I pull them apart, I find hard, nearly white stuff
that is almost like limestone; rather than the dark gooey "varnish" of years
past.  Solvents like fresh gas & Gumout won't remove the limestone, you have
to scrape or rub it off.

Randall