[TR] fan extension, fan belt, steering rack

hdrider570 at peoplepc.com hdrider570 at peoplepc.com
Sat Sep 1 16:06:47 MDT 2007

>Do the eliminated parts contribute in any way to balancing or dampening vibrations on the >crankshaft?

A much debated question with no clear answers.

The later TR4A had an aluminum fan extension and a Yellow Plastic fan so it would seem to me that a lot of the weight can be
eliminated but I am not sure if all of it can.  The engine as designed has a real harmonic around 5,000 so without balancing of the
motor you can readily break the crank in "Racing" situations regardless. YMMV.

Personally I ran a TR4 motor for 15 years with a stock steel extension but with a fiberglass fan without any problems.  Currently I
am running a TR4 with a (Shorter) TR3 extension and a "Yellow" fan.

Edward Hamer