[TR] Sticky Throttle Linkage

Bob Danielson 75TR6 at tr6.danielsonfamily.org
Wed Oct 31 14:57:44 MST 2007

Over the past month or so, my throttle linkage has gotten "sticky". Pushing
on the accelerator pedal was real smooth until I'd hit a strong point of
resistance and then, with more force, I'd get past that point and it would
be smooth again. Driving with me was a neck snapping experience......smooth
head back take off, followed by sticky part that tossed head forward and
then head back again as I got past the sticky part. The solution was pretty
simple. The short vertical link rod between the 2 carbs was binding. This
link is a "ball & socket" set-up with a "ball & socket" on each end. I took
it apart, packed some wheel bearing grease in the socket and reassembled it.
So far I'm back to being nice and smooth again through the whole range of
the linkage. It's nice to have a no cost 15 minute fix once in a while.

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 CF38503U
Running w/ Throttle Body Injection
http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org