[TR] TR3 Ribbed or Smooth Letters

zoboherald at aol.com zoboherald at aol.com
Wed Oct 31 13:20:07 MST 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: bill beecher <bill_beecher at flash.net>

Can anyone shed some light as to whether I should have the smooth-faced
letters or ribbed letters on my '58?  The Moss catalog gives the
changeover
as 'uncertain' while the TRA Judging Guide gives Comm #50000 as the
change
point.

The PO had filled the holes, of course I have no way to be sure this is
even
the original front apron for the car.

==AM==
So there's no evidence at all of the holes? The PO must have brazed or
welded them up very nicely, then. ;-)

I must respectfully disagree with the TRA Judging Guide if that's what
it says. I know for certain that TS71909L (built 3/28/60) has ribbed
letters as original.  TS73624L probably did as well, but it has a
replacement apron with no holes at all.

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
 -- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph
Herald Database at its new URL: <http://triumph-herald.us>