[TR] [Spits] Naturally, now the message appears!!!

Glenn A. Merrell StagByTriumph at tscusa.org
Wed Oct 31 12:04:40 MST 2007

Mark J. Bradakis wrote:
> Believe it or not, I don't spend every waking moment doing Team.Net
> administration, though it seems like it to me sometimes ;-)
>
> It can take some time -  hours, days, maybe a week before I can get to
> approving messages that have been held back for various reasons,
> such as exceeding the size limit.  Of course, if everyone on all the
> lists sent in maybe 5.95 per year for each of their subscriptions,
> then I probably WOULD spend all my time working on Team.Net!
> And no doubt there would be more features on the web
> pages at http://www.team.net/the-local and it would be more
> up to date, a nicer forum interface, etc.
>
> mjb.

Yeah RIGHT Mark!!  That is, Don't quit your day job ...  :-$
But I will bet you do put in what, on average, 1-2 hours a day??  I
mean, I have on average 2 site issues I have to deal with on a daily
basis from approvals, changed email addresses, logins not working, file
uploads (that I have to fix) broken, and adding new spammers to the
block list, etc..
I once calculated out how much time was spent simply maintaining
triumphstag.net at typical website billable rates.  Had David or I been
paid for that, well yes, there would be many more features on that site,
and I would have two nicely maintained and painted LBC's as opposed to
the "drivers" I have.  If I calculated all the time spent based on my
professional rate, it would be eye popping.
Happily last quarter I got contributions to actually cover most of my
actual site expense!
Oh well, someone has to make sacrifices for the good of the hobby.

Don't be bashful Mark, place a prominent requests for contribution URL
link in the signature of each email.  Make it real easy to contribute.
It is only adding one line of text and makes it easy to click on without
having to go searching for how the heck to get money to you.

--
Glenn A. Merrell
TSN Administrator