[TR] No charge

John Gillis jgillis at tcd.ie
Wed Oct 31 08:20:01 MST 2007

The ignition light on my newly rebuilt engine does not extinguish when the
latter is running, nor does the amp meter show charge. I checked the output
from the dynamo, no problem here 16+ volts, all wires are connected as they
should be, I carried out the control box test with the engine running and a
20volt meter and it shows a very low 4-5volts, adjusting the control screw
had
no effect. Can this unit fail totally? Or might I be missing something, I did
check the control box earth and it seems fine.
John
1954 TR2

John Gillis
Senior Conservator