[TR] Too much crack?

auprichard at comcast.net auprichard at comcast.net
Tue Oct 30 08:14:49 MST 2007

Whem a TR3 gets hit in front the forces are transmitted back in a splaying-like manner, pushing the inner and out fenders up and out- hence the situation you describe.  (By the way, I am assuming everything back from the front fenders are OK - door gaps and the like).

I have just finished the front of my TR3 which was exactly as you describe:  attempts at pulling the fenders in by tightening the apron succeeded only in pulling out the lips of the apron and fenders themselves.

I think you have two choices - dictated largely by aesthetics and what you can live with.  If you have the time, patience and wherewithall, I'd suggest you remove the outer fenders and work with the inner fenders to pull them in and down.  Hope this helps (I have lots of photos if you're interested)

Andrew Uprichard
On a business trip to Israel - yet to see a TR

From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul at negia.net>