[TR] Availability of 165R15 Tyres

Ann and Tim Buja buja at insightbb.com
Mon Oct 29 15:50:06 MST 2007

Randall,
You wrote:
>FWIW, 15" "temporary use" spare tires are readily available for almost
>nothing at any wrecking yard and fit just dandy on stock TR3 wheels.  Leave
>lots of room in the tire well for other spare parts.

What a great idea!  I've got a TR6 that will need a new set of tires next
spring and never even considered doing this.  Most of these spares have
never even touched the ground and have lived a sheltered life out of the sun
and weather inside the spare tire well.  I'm now seriously thinking of
having one mounted on a TR6 wheel.  Do you think they will fit on a 5-1/2J
rim or is that too wide?

Tim Buja - Rockford, IL - 80 TR8, 73 Stag, 72 TR6