[TR] Too much crack?

Paul Dorsey dorpaul at negia.net
Mon Oct 29 12:48:39 MST 2007

I needed humbling.  When I tentatively laid my TR3A's bonnet ontop of it's
compartment, I saw huge side cracks between the bonnet and outer fenders!  On
the front of one of the front fenders in the area where the front bumper, it
lacks 5/8", (surely this is too much?)  I haven't attached the TR3A apron yet-
(would the apron reduce these gaps about 1/2" on each side?)  Is this
tolerable or should I remove the fenders again?

    One finicky place on both side's is where the  scuttle's guttering meets
the outer fender's top trough.  In both cases, I was successful in getting the
fender's trough on the inside and closest to the middle of the engine
compartment.
    One front fender is also 1/4" or so too high.  Tolerable for a daily
driver never wrecked or disassembeled before?

Thanks, Paul Dorsey  60 TR3A