[TR] Installing a new Roadster Factory gear reduction starter tr6

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Oct 29 13:29:00 MST 2007

> I just purchased a new gear reduction starter for my 74 TR6
> as the old one just failed. By question is, is there just a
> one wire from the battery to hook up?

It should just take the same two wires your original starter did, the heavy
wire from the battery and a smaller white/red one from the starter relay.

> it looks like there may be more then one
> place to connect a secondary wire

Perhaps yours is different than mine, then.  The only other terminal on mine
was where the very short lead from the starter motor itself connected to the
other big terminal on the integral solenoid.

Randall