[TR] Seals

CarlSereda at aol.com CarlSereda at aol.com
Sat Oct 27 13:11:06 MDT 2007

The timing cover seal I bought from TRF couple years back is orange plastic..
The leather one had an outer and inner sealing element, one to keep dirt from
going in, the other to keep oil from going out. note: Hardy Prentice (a
long-term TR3 racer) says the leather is kinder to the contact surface.
Moisture had slightly pitted my hub seal area so I slipped on a stainless
'readi-sleeve' for $33. Beautiful new surface and slightly larger diameter (~6
thousandths). Along with a modern new seal, new mains, balanced fan/crank/clutc
assembly, and I'm hoping for a good long-term seal. Did the same for my
differential input flange.
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74