[TR] Take a bow list and Q

John Gillis jgillis at tcd.ie
Sat Oct 27 10:43:06 MDT 2007

Well at 4.30 Dublin time after what is likely been 3 decades my TR2
sprung into life, without a doubt due in no small part to the years
of advice received on the list, if I might indulge ye a little
further, a few points; started on the button after setting ignition
timing the old fashioned way, it did on the initial two start ups,
which ran for no more than 10 seconds emit quite a bit of smoke from
the oil cap, and continued to do so for a minute after running, on
the third start this seems to have stopped, any ideas?. I do have
problems getting fuel from the tank to the carbs, I filled the bowl
on the pump to no avail and ended up removing the overflow bolts on
the float chambers and filling them. But even running the pump does
not appear to be pulling fuel through, as the engine died when the
fuel in the carb bowls ran out, any tricks here?. Very excited
though, sounds smooth and rattle free, woopee
John
1954 TR2