[TR] build date of TR3A

John Macartney standardtriumph at btinternet.com
Sat Oct 27 10:30:42 MDT 2007

I've been reading the few recent posts about vehicle dating and the queries
arising from why a car was built in 1743 and not shipped until 1805.

There's a very good reason for why and how this happened, although it
essentially boils down to 'paperwork.' - the timing of its creation, arrival
and processing. I'd be happy to outline the whys and wherefores (if anyone
is interested?) but the subject is potentially a little dusty and fusty.
Also it will require fairly judicious chopping up into bits to send to the
list if I am to avoid creating a too large post - which will certainly be
the case with one hit.

Jonmac