[TR] Fun Moment

terryrs at comcast.net terryrs at comcast.net
Fri Oct 26 18:36:02 MDT 2007

Driving the TR3A home from work this evening about 7:30, long past blue dusk, enjoying the way the car pulls hills in fourth at 2700 rpm barely noticing they're there, on black forested Route 3A with ten minutes between buildings, rumbling along at 70 miles per hour, I spotted a deer standing in my side of the road.  Pressed hard on the brakes, and thanked the cosmos that Triumphs (were the first?) have disk brakes.  Also blessed the moment I decided to put an alternator conversion in, so I had the illumination to spot the deer in time to stop.
I have nothing against wearing deerskin, but I'd prefer a certain amount of processing to occur beforehand...processing I have nothing to do with.
The deer had less traction, skidded its hooves as it accelerated into the woods.
Cosmos chuckling next, because half a heart beat away, rounding the first bend, saw the Statie parked off the road gunning oncoming traffic.
Innocent TR smile into the darkness.  Happy Friday.
Terry Smith
New Hampshire