[TR] Push or pull

Glenn A. Merrell StagByTriumph at tscusa.org
Thu Oct 25 11:45:01 MDT 2007

tfansher at comcast.net wrote:
> Sure, my 73 MkII Stag has the fan clutch assembly and we all know how cool they have tended to run  ;^)  Tom
Sorry Tom, that is not a fan "clutch".  It is called a "torquatrol".
Its function is a rev limiter limiting the fan speed to about 2500 RPM
maximum to keep fan noise down and to keep it from self destructing at
high RPMS, not to thermostatically clutch in and out at temperature.

If it is not working, then it is not driving the fan and you will
probably overheat at idle, and you are not moving the heat through and
out of the engine compartment.  But you also have electric fans that
switch on when the AC is on.  If these are stock AC fans, you may
consider replacing them with a pair of newer, more efficient pusher fans.

--
Glenn A. Merrell
Chairman, Triumph Stag Club USA (2007-2009)