[TR] more on fans

Nolan foxtrapper at aceweb.com
Thu Oct 25 03:50:44 MDT 2007

30130011 is their universal adjustable mounting bracket.  If you don't know
the exact dimensions of what you want, or think things might change as you
progress on the job, this is the bracket to use.

30130013 is the type to avoid.  This punches through the radiator and has
the fan hanging off the cooling tubes.  A very common approach in the
aftermaket, but very poor.  Many a radiator failure is directly attributable
to these.

Their electrical kits are cute, but not necessary.  You can buy the same
relay for $5 from Radio Shack.  The temperature sensors are about $15 from
various parts stores.  The sensors Spal lists are only for threaded
radiators, surprisingly, they don't list the strap on types that are used in
applications where there is no provision for a threaded sensor.  Summit
lists this type as I recall.