[TR] build date of TR3A

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed Oct 24 12:22:01 MDT 2007

> Stranger yet, it may be the
> only TR3 in
> the world that has a commission number ending in "E".

FWIW, many years after I bought TS39781LO, I realized that the paperwork had
a different commission number on it.  No one, including me, noticed the
discrepancy until the State of CA started requiring insurance companies to
file directly with the state, and using VIN numbers to match policies to
license plate numbers.  After two years in a row where the state did not
register my insurance (requiring me to make an appearance at the local DMV
with paperwork in hand), *I* finally realized what the problem was.

So, I took the car to the DMV, they checked the number on the car, and
changed the paperwork to match !  I got a new title with TS39781LO on it.

My point being simply that it's easy for mistakes to creep in; and at least
sometimes easy to 'correct' them.  Since no one had reported TS39781LO
stolen (to the state of CA), I got to keep it even though what I started
with was the title to a different car.

Randall