[TR] Push or pull

Jim Muller jimmuller at rcn.com
Tue Oct 23 18:31:23 MDT 2007

On 23 Oct 2007 at 20:05, DLylis at aol.com wrote:

> > (If your fan is pushing, just turn it around on its shaft.  The
> > blades will then be angled the opposite way.  Yeesh, do I have
> > to tell you people everything???)

> Ah, not so!  If you remove the fan from your crank and turn it
> around it still moves air in the same direction...

David, that's like saying the same Thermos bottle that keeps things
warm will also keep them cold.  How would it know which is which?

> To change the direction of air movement you have to reverse
> the shaft

So you're saying I have to take the shaft out of the motor and
reverse it along with the blades?  So like, is all the intelligence
built into the shaft and none in the blades?  Boy, you learn
something new every day.

[My original note was just kidding. :-) ]

But I still wonder how, when I drive in Canada, my cruise control
knows to keep my speed at the chosen kph instead of mph.

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller at rcn.com
'80 Spitfire, '70 GT6+