[TR] California Wild Fires

Barry Schwartz v6spitfireguy at cox.net
Tue Oct 23 15:46:41 MDT 2007

At Present, basically the fire has burned all around me - my wife has not
been to work because all the schools are closed, nor I because my co
workers were evacuated and are living at the office - We have not, nor do I
think we will be evacuated yet, and I feel if we are told to, pretty much
all of San Diego would be on fire -  Not a good situation at all, over 700
homes burned many structures, and the worst fire I have seen in the 38
years that I have lived here.  It ain't over yet, and probably won't be
until Thurs or Friday at best -

Really bad situation around here,  bad or worse than it looks on the news -
many lives changed forever - but I suppose it could have been a lot worse,
since the Cedar fire in 2003 In which we did have to evacuate (living in
Santee at that time, which was much closer to the fire), we learned some
lessons -

At 02:22 PM 10/23/2007 -0400, you wrote:
>How are our California list members making out with all the wild fires? I
>know we have more then a few members living in So Calif.

Barry Schwartz
La Mesa, CA (San Diego)