[TR] authentic generator heat sheild on this TR4A?

CarlSereda at aol.com CarlSereda at aol.com
Tue Oct 23 12:42:50 MDT 2007

Anyone ever see an authentic generator heat sheild on a TR4-A? I have never
seen any until last weekend at the San Juan Batista British 2-seater Meet.
But I'm not sure it's authentic.
I have always wondered why the two threaded bosses cast into the 4into2
exhaust manifold were empty. This is the first time I've seen a sheild attached
.
Can anyone confirm that this heat sheild is an authentic factory made sheild?
(will send you a pic if you think you can help, or are curious)
Regards,
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74