[TR] Autumn classic.-- now rear springs

MMoore8425 at aol.com MMoore8425 at aol.com
Mon Oct 22 19:51:36 MDT 2007

I had this problem and ultimately here;s what I did. it ain't pretty but it
works.

When you look at the rear gravel shields, there are two pieces: the big
piece and a little "slipper" shaped piece.

If you remove the small piece you can drill a hole, maybe 3/8 inch in
diameter which will be competely hidden when you replace the slipper piece. get  a
long punch and I found you want it to be as large a diameter as you can manage
because a small punch simply peens over the end. It ought to be 5/16 at least
 (same size as the end of the pin).

I also cut a hole in a 2x6 to sort of protect the body if i missed with the
16# sledge hammer I used. (Buy a new bolt).

Make the hole you drilled tidy and paint it as someone may use it  again some
day!
Best, Mike Moore