[TR] Autumn classic.-- now rear springs

Alex ambritts at bellsouth.net
Mon Oct 22 17:02:58 MDT 2007

As a follow up to Tom's post, here is how I did it. First if you take the
tub off the frame there is no problem. Using a drift it will pop out with a
good blow. With the tub on, a real challenge. One came out for me per the
book, with the help of heat and penetrant. The other forget it. What I did
was remove the aluminum stone guard. Located the bolt behind where the guard
is. Drilled a 9/16" hole. Placed the drift square on the head of the bolt
and popped it right out. Put a rubber plug in the hole (used on the firewall
and elsewhere) and put it all back together. Very slick and fast.
Alex
59 TR3A
72 TR6