[TR] Grinding aluminum

Ian Lbc.Resto at comcast.net
Sat Oct 20 10:44:33 MDT 2007

NEVER grind it with a high speed stone such as on a bench mounted grinding
wheel.  When it "loads it up" there is a possibility that the stone will
come apart with catastrophic consequences for you.  I was taught this the
first day of machine shop training when I was an apprentice aircraft
maintenance engineer back in the olde country. I seem to recall that it was
due to differential heating.  If you have done it, then get the wheel
"dressed" (or whatever you call it over here), or even better, just replace
the wheel.

--
Ian
62 TR4