[TR] Horn Works on its own

David Brister david.brister at wanadoo.fr
Thu Oct 18 16:43:20 MDT 2007

If your horn button setup is the same as my 4A I did the following years ago
and it still works fine. Also very economical.
I found a plastic ball point pen of the same diameter as the original
contacting cylinder and cut the  barrel to the same length. I also found
that the centre electrodes of a used dry battery, can't remember the size,
were just right to fit inside the ball pen. Then fitting the spring from the
same ball point in between two small lengths of carbon electrode made an
externally insulated cylinder of the right size to make the contact between
the brass lug on the horn button and the copper slip ring inside the
steering wheel boss.
Hope this makes sense!

David Brister
1967 TR4A