[TR] [6pack] Triumphest Pictures and List Members Get Together

Glenn A. Merrell StagByTriumph at tscusa.org
Wed Oct 17 21:54:41 MDT 2007

N197TR4 at cs.com wrote:
> In a message dated 10/17/2007 8:50:59 PM Central Daylight Time,
> marty.tr6 at gmail.com writes
>
>>  Joe A, Uncle Jack, Kennith from Wisconsin (I hope I have
>> this right as I'm not positive),
>>

> That was Kent Howard....he has an original TR4A that he bought from Augie
> Papst. HE DRIVES IT!  It has been to England and Kent & I drove it to another
> Triumphest near San Francisco. We flew this time.                Joe A
I am pissed that I missed Kent at Triumphest.
When Kent and Carol shipped their TR4 over to England, it was for
T.I.M.E. at Mallory Park.  Kent and Carol then met with my son and I
driving a UK members loaned Stag (thanks again Steve and Susan!!) at the
Half Penny Inn in Warwick UK, then caravaning with Mike and Betty Wattam
with their Stag to Portsmouth to take the ferry to Le Havre,
Seine-Maritime France, drive to Chbteau de Versailles , Claude Monet's
House and Garden, Giverny, Semur-en-Auxois for a B&B hotel vineyard,
then through Geneva to Martingny Switzerland for the European Stag Meet
2000.  Kent's TR4 was the only TR4 amongst about 120 Triumph Stags.
Howards took a different route up to Normandy while Wattams and us made
our way back to Paris for another day at several museums including the
Louvre, then dinner in the Eiffel Tower.  My son and I were in England,
Ireland, France and Switzerland for 28 days driving a Stag.  Oooooh
Yeah, quite the epic trip it was, simply epic.

Kent and Carol, thanks for those travels!!

I hope to do it again in 2010 when the Stag turns 40!

--
Glenn A. Merrell
Chairman, Triumph Stag Club USA (2007-2009)