[TR] Help..TR3 running on 2

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed Oct 17 08:19:10 MDT 2007

> Last night  I did a little investigating. While it was idling
> rough, I pulled the wires off cylinders 3 and 4 with no
> change. I pulled the plugs and found 3 and 4 clean while 1
> and 2 were extremely rich....rear carb??? I checked the float
> bowls, needle valves and pistons on the H6's....all seemed
> OK.

Does that mean the rear bowl was full of fuel ?  What about throttle
synchronization ?

If the plugs were clean (not even wet) in cylinders that were not running at
all (as shown by no change when pulling the wires), I think that means there
was no fuel going through them.  I'd also look at valve clearances (which
incidentally also checks that the valves are going up & down as they
should).

Randall