[TR] Upper A Arms and used parts

Bob Rolfes trbobtr at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 16 19:26:42 MDT 2007

Randall wrote  <"FWIW, my upper arms have been reinforced by "boxing" or welding a
plate
across the open underside.  Not sure how effective it is, but they've
been
on there for a whole lot of hard miles and no signs of cracks.  >

  Also FWIW...

  I also once had a TR3a upper A-arm break.  I did had a spare later "parts" chassis out back that gave up it's good A-arms for replacement.  After I pulled the good spares off, I found their undersides "boxed" as Randall described.  The parts were all original factory pieces, so it looks like at some point, Triumph realized there was a weakness and decided to reinforce the A-arms.  I am not sure when this occurred, but probably some time after my old TR's 1959 birth date.

  Bob
http://mail.yahoo.com